A while ago somebody told me that getting over an exchange was like getting over an ex, and I thought they were just being way overdramatic.
Now that I’ve been home for 4 months and I’m still readjusting, I’m realizing that this is the worst breakup ever.
- 3 weeks into class and I’m already behind and semi-given up. Usually this only comes around mid-terms.
- Stopped planning what I’m wearing to school and just put on anything I can find. Stripes and polka dots with one yellow and one brown sock? Sure, why not.
- My nails, which I have maintained, painted, and STOPPED BITING all summer are eaten down to the skin.
- Full on regret of class choices. AKA Latin Intensive. Really…? What were you thinking, or were you even thinking at all?!
- Sleep patterns. lol. (4-5 hours a night is enough sleep for basic motor functions, right?)
- Beginning to forget what my friends’ faces look like…
IS IT TIME TO GRADUATE YET??
PQ wins. Marois has been in charge for not 2 hours and already there has been a fire set in front of the rally location, 2 people shot and in critical condition, and a mid-speech assassination attempt on her life by some moron yelling something along the lines of “the English are coming.”
Ya. Ok. Because this isn’t going to fuel an already-budding language war. I feel safe now. Seriously get me out of here.